Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Two Weeks!!


Two weeks is all the girls have before they start back to school.
This year will be Kailyns last year in Middle School (8th grade) and she only has 5 more years or school left.  Brooklyn will be in 6th grade.  Like I have said before, time flies!!!  They are really excited to go back to school.  I had them do all their clothes shopping online this year because it would have been to much of a hassle with Caleb to spend 3 hours in Kohls.  I think that they enjoyed doing it online though.  They had a set dollar amount to spend and could see their total as they added items to their cart. 

July was a very busy month for us.  Kailyn was in 3 parades for the marching band that she joined for the summer.  We also went to Seven Peaks 2 times.  The girls went and spent 3 days in Vernal with their Grandma and Grandpa Christiansen and then 2 weeks later, went to Stockton and spent 5 days with Grandma Rae.  In between all that, they had fair projects to finish.  After all was said and done on the fair projects, they each had about 10 to turn into our county fair.  We won't know how they did until tomorrow night.  I'm glad that they like doing projects.  It makes them have a goal during the summer months.

We have got Brooklyns "Summer to do list" almost done.  The major things that she has wanted to do are done.  I don't know that we will get to every one of them though. 

After 11 years of getting to work at home, I was laid off on Aug 2.  Work had slowed down to the point that I was only getting about 8 hours a week.  I was able to get a new job in a surgeons office and am very anxious about sending Caleb to daycare.  I would love to stay home with him and do the same things with him that I did with the girls but I feel that I need to help out our family financially also.  I feel really bad the he will have to be "babysat" everyday.  I just hope the lady we have picked to watch him will take good care of him. She will start watching him on Aug 12.  He finally started crawling this month.  He is almost ready to walk also.  We stand him in front of the couch and he walks 3-4 steps to us.  Most of the time he falls over before he reaches us though.   

Max has been working hard at work and at home.  We had a sprinkler company come and install sprinklers so that we can put in our backyard.  We also have put up a fence so that our chickens can have the run of the very back of our yard.  They seem to stick close to their coop right now but at least they are not in my front flower beds throwing all the mulch onto the grass.   

 

No comments: